Within the Natterbox Advanced Voice Services on Salesforce, in order to use a phone number, that number must be selected from a list of available numbers and an allocation to that account created - it can then be allocated to a user if required.
The Phone Numbers Tab
- Select the Phone Numbers tab.
This opens the Phone Numbers Home page, which is populated by phone numbers currently allocated for Advanced Voice Services.
- Number of Entries Shown - select from the drop down list to see 10, 25, 50, 100 or All entries at a time.
- Filtering the Results - enter characters or numbers into the Search field to automatically reduce the results shown to include only those that include the entered text. This searches all the available fields and filters accordingly. Wildcards do not work in this field.
- Sorting by Column - click on any of the arrows displayed in the column headings to sort by that column:
- If an arrow is double headed and grey, clicking on it orders it by default from 'top to bottom' - in alphabetical order, and turns that arrow blue. All other arrows return to grey.
- If an arrow is single headed and blue, clicking on it reverses the current order. The direction of the arrow indicates whether it is in 'top to bottom' order (as is the default) by pointing up, or in reverse by pointing down.
- Pages - using the Previous, Next and Page Number links, the results can be navigated through.
Organisation wide numbers and DDI (Direct Dial In) numbers are both displayed in this tab. DDI's are identifiable by the fact that they have a user allocated to them, which triggers the check box in the DDI Number column to be checked. The allocation or otherwise of a user defines each number as DDI or Organisation wide.
Creating a New Phone Number Allocation
In order to create an allocation of one or more new phone numbers for Advanced Voice Services to use, a number or numbers must be selected from a list of available numbers.
- From the Phone Numbers Home page, click the New Phone Number button.
This opens the New Phone Number page.
- Select whether it is to be a DDI or Organisation Wide number (this does not fix the state of the number, only enables appropriate information to be entered on creation. It can be changed when editing a number by adding/removing an allocated user).
- Select the appropriate country from the Select Country drop down list (which populates the Select Area drop down list) then select the appropriate area.
- Click List Phone Numbers to list the numbers available for those parameters.
- Enter the details for the new Phone Number(s):
- Friendly Name - enter a recognisable, unique name so that the number can be identified.
- Assign to User (only available when DDI is selected, in which case it is a mandatory field) - to assign to a user as a DDI, either explicitly enter the full name of a known user (this must exactly match the Name displayed in the PBX Users tab) or click the Lookup icon to open the following pop-up box:
- Enter text taken from the name of the user to be searched for and click Go! The results display all matching users regardless of the case of the text, however, wildcards (such as * indicating zero or more characters in a string of characters) may be needed to find the desired user.
- Click on the appropriate user once they have been found - this enters the user's name into the Assign to User field associated with the lookup icon that was clicked.
- Check the appropriate check box for each phone number to be created - a maximum of 50 numbers at a time can be created.
- Click the Get Selected Phone Numbers button.
The selected phone number(s) are allocated to the account by the system. If a number was created as Organisation wide and therefore has not been allocated to a user, it is made available for use either by a user as a DDI or by the organisation as part of a Routing Policy (here referred to as Call Flow).
To View or Edit a Phone Number Allocation
In the Phone Numbers Home page, all currently allocated phone numbers are listed - the list can be filtered if desired.
To View a Phone Number
- From the Phone Numbers Home page, click on the link that is the Name of the number. This opens the phone number and displays the Phone Number Information. From here the device can be opened for editing, or deleted.
To Edit the Details of a Phone Number
- From the Phone Numbers Home page, either click the Edit link corresponding to the phone number to be edited or open for viewing and click the Edit button.
- The details of the phone number are opened for editing - make any changes as necessary.
- The fields that are available are:
- Name - this can be updated if appropriate. It should remain unique to this number.
- PBX User (not mandatory) - a user can be added or changed in the same way as when the number is created, or deleted.
- If a user is allocated, the number becomes a DDI.
- If there is no allocated user, the number is available for use organisation wide, which means it can either have a user allocated to make it a DDI, or can be used in a Routing Policy. These are mutually exclusive - if it used in a routing policy it cannot be set as a DDI, and vice versa.
- Click the Save button to save the changes or the Cancel button to exit the screen without saving any changes.
|A number can only be allocated to one user. Once it is allocated, the user displays in the results list in the PBX User column. If a number is allocated to a user and that user is then deleted, the number becomes available again for user allocation or use organisation wide.|